The Knowledge Commons is:
- A central “Academic One Stop” where students can access a wide variety of academic services
- Located on main (2nd) floor of CFL centered between 2 main staircases
- Students receive peer-to-peer assistance from other undergraduate students
- This is the most forward-facing desk, and the central point.
- Questions on how to find materials, navigate the building, make appointments with our partners, or check out materials
- Self-check machines are here, and Information Desk staffers can help!
- Call 701.777.4644
- Desk is staffed all hours the building is open
All partners are committed to regular weekly schedules and you can make an appointment for assistance. Of course, you are also welcome to do drop-in visits. Just stop at the Information Desk for assistance!
Peer Research Consults (PRC)
Our Peer Research Consultants (PRCs) have been trained by the librarians to assist you in your undergraduate research. Please follow this link for more information and how to make an appointment with them. While their degree course is listed, they can assist you in any field of study. They also know when to refer you to a reference librarian, when appropriate. For more information about the Peer Research Consultant program, please see the PRC webpage.
Zoom with a Knowledge Commons Career Mentor:
- Thursdays from 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Zoom link to connect to career mentor
- Meeting ID: 962 0458 4680
- Check with the Library Information Desk for assistance
How can we help?
Learning Services provides tutoring, academic coaching, and resources to assist students in defining and developing strategies to reach their full potential. Find tips/tricks, tutoring availability, and more information on the Learning Services website!
- Schedule an appointment with an Academic Coach in your Starfish My Success Network—Tutoring and Learning Services. We can meet with you individually to discuss study skills, time management, note taking, etc!
- Have questions? Email our Academic Coaches- Brandon Pokarney or Jacoba de Doer
- Individual tutoring and Peer Led Study sessions are available to assist in your courses
Monday, Tuesday, and Friday- 11:00am to 3:00pm
Wednesday and Thursday- 3:00pm to 7:00pm
The Writing Center is a place for students, faculty, and staff to discuss their work in progress with a writing consultant.
We work with writers in collaborative appointments focused on developing writing skills through conversation and peer feedback. Appointments can be scheduled using your UND login information. At your appointment time, open your appointment box in the WCOnline schedule to access the link to your Zoom meeting room.