As the Systems Librarian, you would develop and maintain the servers and systems necessary to support the Chester Fritz Library’s (CFL) mission. This includes collaborating with the Online Dakota Information Network (ODIN) to manage CFL’s instance of Ex Libris’ Alma and Primo VE platform; maintaining the EZ Proxy server; and provisioning and maintaining servers for hosted web applications. In addition, you would conduct software training sessions, and digitize objects with the library’s 3D scanner.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits including full health insurance and TIAA retirement plans. Want to know more about the Library? Check out our blog.
To learn more and apply, see the full position description.
Please contact Will Martin with questions.
Check available positions using the UND careers page
- To limit the search to the library, select "Chester Fritz Library" from the "Department" section in the left side filters
- Work study positions require work study funding, but institutional jobs are open to anyone.
Approximately 100 students are employed by the Chester Fritz Library each year. Student responsibilities may include the following (depending upon area assigned):
- Answering Questions from other students at the Knowledge Commons;
- Helping other students locate books and journal articles;
- Graphic design and layout;
- Developing messaging for marketing library services and programs;
- Sharing content and updates on social media;
- Assisting librarians in teaching, developing teaching materials, and updating research guides;
- Checking out and Shelving books;
- Assisting in administrative offices;
- Assisting in Ordering and processing new books and journals to add to the library collections;
- Developing and hosting events for students to promote the libraries;
- Assisting library users with printing or computer resources;
- Other needed assignments
Applicants must be motivated, pay attention to details, display excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Some positions may require only daytime hours.