Closing on: Aug. 24, 2023
As the Systems Librarian, you would develop and maintain the servers and systems necessary to support the Chester Fritz Library’s (CFL) mission. This includes collaborating with the Online Dakota Information Network (ODIN) to manage CFL’s instance of Ex Libris’ Alma and Primo VE platform; maintaining the EZ Proxy server; and provisioning and maintaining servers for hosted web applications. In addition, you would conduct software training sessions, and digitize objects with the library’s 3D scanner.
Come work with a dedicated, focused team of librarians and staff at Chester Fritz Library. This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits including full health insurance and TIAA retirement plans. Want to know more about the Library? Check out the Chester Fritz Library blog.
To learn more and apply, see the full Systems Librarian position description.
Please contact Will Martin with questions.
Check available positions using the UND careers page
- To limit the search to the library, select "Chester Fritz Library" from the "Department" section in the left side filters
- Work study positions require work study funding, but institutional jobs are open to anyone.
Approximately 100 students are employed by the Chester Fritz Library each year. Student responsibilities may include the following (depending upon area assigned):
- shelving books and stack maintenance
- assisting patrons
- assisting in mailings
- making deliveries to other University libraries
- answering telephones
- running errands
- providing computer support
- performing records management to create and update information on the library's system or Excel spreadsheets
- assisting with invoicing
- creating and affixing spine labels and attaching property information and security strips to materials
Applicants must be motivated, pay attention to details, display excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Some positions may require only daytime hours.