Head of Collection Strategies - closing date May 5, 2021
Want to join a university that’s big enough to support great work, but small enough that you can make a difference? As the Head of Collections Strategies, you will be instrumental to ensuring that library obtains appropriate research materials so that UND’s students, faculty and staff can find and access the materials they need to accomplish their work. This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits including full health insurance and TIAA retirement plans.
UND is a mid-size, high research activity university where the library is an integral part of growing and expanding the university’s research enterprise. In 2017, UND was named among the “Most Innovative” institutions of higher education by US News & World Report, and in 2018, the UND Libraries were named “Most Innovative” by the 12-state Mountain Plains Library Association. Our award winning OER program has saved our students almost $11 million. A major $19 million renovation of the library has just been completed. It is centrally located on UND’s campus. Come work with a dedicated, focused team of librarians and staff.
To learn more and to apply, please see the full position description.
Check available positions using the UND Student Employment search form.
- Select "Chester Fritz Library" from the "Employers" section of the forms to limit your search to the library.
- You need to run separate searches for Work Study and Institutional jobs. Work study positions require work study funding, but institutional jobs are open to anyone.
Approximately 100 students are employed by the Chester Fritz Library each year. Student responsibilities may include the following (depending upon area assigned):
- shelving books and stack maintenance
- assisting patrons
- assisting in mailings
- making deliveries to other University libraries
- answering telephones
- running errands
- providing computer support
- performing records management to create and update information on the library's system or Excel spreadsheets
- assisting with invoicing
- creating and affixing spine labels and attaching property information and security strips to materials
Applicants must be motivated, pay attention to details, display excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Some positions may require only daytime hours.