Students (Course Reserves Search)
Students may check to find course reserves that faculty have placed in the library for short-term use.
See our instructional research guide for more information about how to search for a reserved item.
Faculty (Place Item on Reserve)
Note: Due to the building being closed, there will be no reserves placed over the summer. Please hold requests for fall until August when there will be more details regarding whether the building will be open.
Instructors may use the form below to put items on reserve. Access Services will handle copyright clearances as necessary. (See Copyright and Fair Use information below for more information.)
If the item is library-owned, our Access Services staff will collect your materials from the stacks and place them on reserve. However, if you are putting a personal copy on reserve, bring it to the library promptly.
We do not currently host an electronic reserves system.
Copyright and Fair Use
We will obtain copyright clearance for materials that faculty put on reserve. Specific questions about legal interpretations should be directed to the UND’s Office of General Counsel at 701.777.6345.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Copyright, U.S. Copyright Office
- Copyright Basics (2017), U.S. Copyright Office
- Reproductions of Copyrighted Works by Educators and Librarians (2014), U.S. Copyright Office
- Fair Use, U.S. Copyright Office
- Copyright Crash Course, University of Texas
- U.S. Copyright Protection for Different Periods
- Creative Commons Frequently Asked Questions, Creative Commons
For more information contact:
Access Services Department, 2nd Floor