Printing and Scanning
We offer several print options for students and community members. Students are able to print with their student IDs, just as they can with any uPrint location across campus. We also offer a cash printing option for students who've forgotten their IDs and for community members who are unable to use the University's uPrint system.
With Your Student ID
We have three print stations located throughout the building:
- South Hallway Entrance kiosk (B&W only; duplex)
- 2nd Floor: by the Access Services desk (B&W and color; color duplex)
- 3rd Floor: in the Learning Space 320 computer lab (B&W only) TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE
We also support printing with cash (black and white only, 6 cents per side). In order to do so,
- Log into a computer.
- Open your document.
- Click File → Print.
- Change the printer to "Cash Sales Printer".
- Make any adjustments (number of copies, page range, color, etc).
- Click Print.
- Go to the front desk and inform them you have a cash sales print job.
- The worker will release your print job, count the pages, and take your cash.
Touch Screen Scanners
The two touch screen scanners on the 2nd floor can scan to email, USB flash drive, printer, cloud services, or your mobile phone. It's fast and handy! Scanners are located on the far left wall across from the reference desk (on the opposite side of the reference desk from the computer stations) after you walk into the main library.
We also have three other special-format scanners in the building:
- ScanPro 3000 microform scanner for microfilm, microfiche, ultrafiche, micro-opaque (2nd floor, ask at Access Services)
- 1 overhead Book Scanner 9000 (4th floor, Special Collections), available for Special Collections patrons
- 1 microfilm scanner (4th floor, Special Collections)
The computers for these scanners are equipped with
- Adobe Photoshop CS (for image editing)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional (for making PDFs)
- Microsoft Office 2010