Peer Research Consultants
Our Peer Research Consultants (PRCs) have been trained by the librarians to assist you in your undergraduate research. Please see below for more information and how to make an appointment with them. While their degree course is listed, they can assist you in any field of study. They also know when to refer you to a reference librarian, when appropriate.
- For online consultations: PRCs will invite you to a meeting using Zoom.
- Learn what your assignment includes and what the instructor expects.
- Come with ideas about what topics or research areas interest you.
- Think of the questions that you have about your research project/ paper. This allows for a smoother consultation.
- Bring the assignment, any completed work, and the course syllabus.
- If meeting on Zoom, you will receive an invite through campus email. Be prepared to share your screen so the PRC can help with your research.
- The consultation: The PRC can help brainstorm ideas, find resources offered by the Library’s web page, or demonstrate ways to navigate databases effectively. You decide what to cover and talk about with the PRC.
- All consultations (whether in person or online) are typically 30 minutes
- In person, you will be filling out a handout to help guide your research to find databases, articles, or resources. This handout may be taken home with you.
- An evaluation survey link will be provided on the handout. Your anonymous feedback helps librarians evaluate how well the program is working.
- On Zoom, the PRC sends a summary email listing databases, articles, or resources discussed during the consultation. The email includes a request for evaluation.
Meet the Peer Research Consultants
Hello! My name is Avery, and I am a Junior at UND. I am double majoring in Political Science and Women and Gender studies. I am having such a blast with the exciting and interesting classes I get to take! These diverse programs have given me a chance to research and learn about a wide variety of topics.
I am from Harwood, North Dakota and went to West Fargo High School. I have a very orange and pudgy kitty named Jason whom I love very much. My hobbies are trying to bake the things I see on the Great British Baking Show, knitting, and reading. I have so much fun working at the library, and I love to see the library full of students!
Availability: Monday and Wednesday 4:00pm - 8:00pm; Tuesday and Thursday 12:30pm -
1:30pm; Friday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Hello! My name is Gabrielle, and I am a senior doubling majoring in English and Marketing. I am also a student in the Honors Program, and I have a minor in Psychology. I have taken a variety of courses at UND, and I have research experience in various disciplines.
I am originally from Fargo, North Dakota and have been attending hockey games at UND for years. Outside of the classroom, I like to read, find new music to listen to, attempt to stay upright while roller blading, and laugh with my friends. I am always happy to assist my fellow students so don't be afraid to drop by the library with any research questions or concerns!
Availability: Monday 11:00am - 12:00pm and 1:30pm - 4:30pm; Wednesday and Friday 9:00am - 12:00pm
Hi! My name is Morgan and I am a senior majoring in Environmental Studies and minoring in Sustainability. In the future I hope to work in the field with the forest service or in a national park! In my spare time I enjoy playing online with friends, hanging out with my cat Rootbeer, and practicing parkour/ freeclimbing (when I find somewhere to do it!) I love working here at the library, and I have so much fun helping with research questions!
Availability: Monday 4:00pm - 6:00pm; Wednesday 1:00pm - 4:00pm; Tuesday and Thursday
2:00pm - 6:00pm
Up and Coming PRC's
For more information about our PRC program please reach out to Karlene Clark the Coordinator, Peer Research Consultant Reference Services Librarian.