Peer Research Consultants
Our Peer Research Consultants (PRCs) have been trained by the librarians to assist you in your undergraduate research. Please see below for more information and how to make an appointment with them. While their degree course is listed, they can assist you in any field of study. They also know when to refer you to a reference librarian, when appropriate.
- For online consultations: PRCs will invite you to a meeting using Zoom.
- Learn what your assignment includes and what the instructor expects.
- Come with ideas about what topics or research areas interest you.
- Think of the questions that you have about your research project/ paper. This allows for a smoother consultation.
- Bring the assignment, any completed work, and the course syllabus.
- If meeting on Zoom, you will receive an invite through campus email. Be prepared to share your screen so the PRC can help with your research.
- The consultation: The PRC can help brainstorm ideas, find resources offered by the Library web page, or demonstrate ways to navigate databases effectively. You decide what to cover and talk about with the PRC.
- All consultations (whether in person or online) are typically 30 minutes
- In person, you will be filling out a handout to help guide your research to find databases, articles, or resources This handout may be taken home with you.
- An evaluation survey link will be provided on the handout. Your anonymous feedback helps librarians evaluate how well the program is working.
- On Zoom, the PRC sends a summary email listing databases, articles, or resources discussed during the consultation. The email includes a request for evaluation.
Meet the Peer Research Consultants
Bria (she/ her)
My name is Bria, I am a junior music education major at UND. I play baritone saxophone and love all things music, including my two cats: Arpeggio & Timpani! I also love Rhombus Guy's Trivia, roller-biking, and playing checkers. My favorite thing to do is hangout with my friends or nieces & nephews.
Claire (she/ her)
Hi all! My name is Claire and I'm a Peer Research Consultant at the Chester Fritz Library! I am an English major with a writing and editing certificate, communications minor, and planning to graduate in December. I am also an editor for the Dakota Student Newspaper, president of the Adelphi Literary Society, and work with Floodwall Literary Magazine. I am an avid reader and am always willing to give book recommendations! On the weekends you can find me at the Ralph cheering on the hockey team or hanging out at Archives working on homework or hanging out with friends.
Up and Coming PRC's
Savana (she/ her)
Hello! I’m a senior majoring in Criminal Justice with a minor in English. My life's greatest joys: my dog, books, and coffee. I love talking podcasts, TV shows (expert on Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and laughing at jokes—there are no bad ones. So, let’s share some jokes and do some research!
Jadyn (she/ her)
Hi! My name is Jadyn, I am a sophomore majoring in rehabilitation and human services with a minor in psychology! Outside of school I like to workout at the gym, read, and hang out with friends and family. I am excited to learn about and help you with your research topics!
Alanna (she/ her)
Hello! I am a transfer student from NDSCS and I graduated from there with an associate in arts. I am in the PreOT program and enjoy crafts and animals. I have two cats named Suki and Freya.
For more information about our PRC program please reach out to Karlene Clark the Coordinator, Peer Research Consultant Reference Services Librarian.