Peer Research Consultants
Our Peer Research Consultants (PRCs) have been trained by the librarians to assist you in your undergraduate research. Please see below for more information and how to make an appointment with them. While their degree course is listed, they can assist you in any field of study. They also know when to refer you to a reference librarian, when appropriate.
Before Your Session With a PRC
- For online consultations: PRCs will invite you to a meeting using Zoom.
- Learn what your assignment includes and what the instructor expects.
- Come with ideas about what topics or research areas interest you.
- Think of the questions that you have about your research project/ paper. This allows for a smoother consultation.
- Bring the assignment, any completed work, and the course syllabus.
At the Session
- If meeting on Zoom, you will receive an invite through campus email. Be prepared to share your screen so the PRC can help with your research.
- The consultation: The PRC can help brainstorm ideas, find resources offered by the Library’s web page, or demonstrate ways to navigate databases effectively. You decide what to cover and talk about with the PRC.
- All consultations (whether in person or online) are typically 30 minutes
After the Session
- In person, you will be filling out a handout to help guide your research to find databases, articles, or resources. This handout may be taken home with you.
- An evaluation survey link will be provided on the handout. Your anonymous feedback helps librarians evaluate how well the program is working.
- On Zoom, the PRC sends a summary email listing databases, articles, or resources discussed during the consultation. The email includes a request for evaluation.
Meet the Peer Research Consultants
Hello! I am a doctoral student for the Counseling Psychology program. I completed my B.A in psychology here at UND. I have research experience in psychology topics, specifically with Latinx and Native American populations. I also have completed a large amount of research throughout my education.
Outside of school, I enjoy going for walks with my dog, watching TV, painting, listening to music, knitting, and spending time with friends and family. I look forward to meeting you and helping you with your research! Feel free to contact me on Starfish for appointments and drop-ins!
Available: Monday (8:00am - 12:00pm), Friday (8:00am - 1:00pm), and Sunday (4:00pm - 7:00pm)
Hi! I am a senior majoring in Psychology and minoring in Biology. Research has been a big part of a lot of my psychology and biology classes. Additionally, I have also worked with Dr. Ferraro and Alex Holte as an undergraduate psychology research assistant.
On campus I am a part of the Korean Culture Exchange Club, the UND Lion’s Club, and the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. During my free time, I like to read, watch my favorite TV shows, and listen to music. I am excited to learn what kinds of topics everyone is interested in researching and I can’t wait to help you as a PRC!
Available: Monday and Wednesday (12:00pm - 4:00pm), Tuesday and Thursday (9:00am - 1:00pm)