Peer Research Consultants
Our Peer Research Consultants (PRCs) have been trained by the librarians to assist you in your undergraduate research. Please see below for more information and how to make an appointment with them. While their degree course is listed, they can assist you in any field of study. They also know when to refer you to a reference librarian, when appropriate.
Before Your Session With a PRC
- For online consultations: PRCs will invite you to a meeting using Zoom.
- Learn what your assignment includes and what the instructor expects.
- Come with ideas about what topics or research areas interest you.
- Think of the questions that you have about your research project/ paper. This allows for a smoother consultation.
- Bring the assignment, any completed work, and the course syllabus.
At the Session
- If meeting on Zoom, you will receive an invite through campus email. Be prepared to share your screen so the PRC can help with your research.
- The consultation: The PRC can help brainstorm ideas, find resources offered by the Library’s web page, or demonstrate ways to navigate databases effectively. You decide what to cover and talk about with the PRC.
- All consultations (whether in person or online) are typically 30 minutes
After the Session
- In person, you will be filling out a handout to help guide your research to find databases, articles, or resources. This handout may be taken home with you.
- An evaluation survey link will be provided on the handout. Your anonymous feedback helps librarians evaluate how well the program is working.
- On Zoom, the PRC sends a summary email listing databases, articles, or resources discussed during the consultation. The email includes a request for evaluation.
Meet the Peer Research Consultants
Greetings! I'm an international student from Norway majoring in Psychology. I have been living in the United States for the past two years and I love the experience I have been getting from studying abroad especially because I actively seek people from all over the world to learn from them.
Since I am trained in psychology I am also trained in research because psychology is a lot of research! On top of that, I have gone through extensive PRC training that has broadened my knowledge even more, when it comes to searching strategies. Apart from everything that has to do with adulting, my hobbies include playing instruments and collecting furniture from the mid-century. I look forward to gladly help you with your research to the best of my abilities.
Available: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (8:00 am - 12:00pm)
Hello! I am a doctoral student for the Counseling Psychology program. I completed my B.A in psychology here at UND. I have research experience in psychology topics, specifically with Latinx and Native American populations. I also have completed a large amount of research throughout my education.
Outside of school, I enjoy going for walks with my dog, watching TV, painting, listening to music, knitting, and spending time with friends and family. I look forward to meeting you and helping you with your research! Feel free to contact me on Starfish for appointments and drop-ins!
No availability for Fall 2021
Up and Coming PRC's