Peer Research Consultants
Our Peer Research Consultants (PRCs) have been trained by the librarians to assist you in your undergraduate research. Please see below for more information and how to make an appointment with them. While their degree course is listed, they can assist you in any field of study. They also know when to refer you to a reference librarian, when appropriate.
Before Your Session With a PRC
- For online consultations: PRCs will invite you to a meeting using Zoom.
- Learn what your assignment includes and what the instructor expects.
- Come with ideas about what topics or research areas interest you.
- Think of the questions that you have about your research project/ paper. This allows for a smoother consultation.
- Bring the assignment, any completed work, and the course syllabus.
At the Session
- If meeting on Zoom, you will receive an invite through campus email. Be prepared to share your screen so the PRC can help with your research.
- The consultation: The PRC can help brainstorm ideas, find resources offered by the Library’s web page, or demonstrate ways to navigate databases effectively. You decide what to cover and talk about with the PRC.
- All consultations (whether in person or online) are typically 30 minutes
After the Session
- In person, you will be filling out a handout to help guide your research to find databases, articles, or resources. This handout may be taken home with you.
- An evaluation survey link will be provided on the handout. Your anonymous feedback helps librarians evaluate how well the program is working.
- On Zoom, the PRC sends a summary email listing databases, articles, or resources discussed during the consultation. The email includes a request for evaluation.
Current Peer Research Consultants
Hello! I’m a senior majoring in ACS Chemistry. I’m very focused on my chemistry schoolwork and spend a lot of time in Abbott, and I’ve also done some research in Dr. Kubatova’s analytical chemistry lab. Outside of schoolwork, I like to relax in my dorm. I spend my free time drawing, listening to music, watching TV, or playing video games. I’ve done a lot of library research for my studies, and I look forward to helping you research for your studies as well! Feel free to contact me on Starfish for appointments and drop-ins!
Available Monday and Wednesday 1:00- 5:00pm and Friday 3:00- 5:00pm
Coming Soon to the PRC Program