Ask a Librarian
We’re happy to help you. You can contact us:
Library email is only monitored during our reference desk hours.
Questions arriving outside those hours will be answered the following business day.
- For most questions, call the reference desk at 701-777-4629 (Reference Desk Hours).
- For overdues and account questions call the circulation desk at 701-777-4644.
- For interlibrary loan questions, call the ILL Office at 701-777-4631.
- For Special Collections and genealogy questions, call 701-777-4625.
(Special Collections hours)
- Distance students can call the distance education librarian at 701-777-4641, or 1-888-557-7117, ext 5 between 8 AM and 4:30 PM (central time zone).
- For subject specialists, find phone numbers on the Subject Librarians page.
- The reference desk is on the second floor of the library (map, reference desk hours).
- For research consultations, make an appointment by contacting a subject specialist librarian or the reference desk.
- For special collections research, including genealogical resources, visit the Special Collections department on the fourth floor (Special Collections contact information)