The Chester Fritz Library has several options for checking out library materials as an alternative to the Knowledge Commons on the second floor. There are five self-checkout machines located around the building that are easy to use. The other option for self checkout is the UND Libraries app that can be installed on any Apple or Android device. Use the app to checkout material not only at CFL, but also the Music Library, the Geology Library, and the Energy and Environment Research Center.
1. Scan the barcode or slide the magnet strip on your student/ staff/ faculty ID or enter in your UND email and password
2. Scan the barcode of the item you would like to checkout- the barcode reader is at the bottom of the tablet
3. If you are checking out DVDs or CDs make sure all materials are present and accounted for
4. When you are done tap 'Log Out'. You will get an email receipt with your library material due dates.
Get the App:
1. Install the app on your Apple or Android device
2. Open the app and sign in with your UND username and password (be sure that location services are turned on so that the app can detect which library you are at)
3. Push the start button on the home screen
4. Tap the plus size on the lower left corner to checkout a new item
5. Scan the items barcode with the camera on your device or type in the barcode manually
6. Hit finish
7. You will get an email receipt with a due date for your library materials