Dissertation and Thesis Binding
If you would like to have your Doctoral Dissertation, Master’s Thesis, Honors Thesis, Independent Study, or other scholarly project bound in hardcover, the Chester Fritz Library is happy to provide that service. The current price for each bound item is $25.00. Our binding orders are sent to an out-of-state bindery that picks up and delivers once a month. Please follow the steps below to place a binding order.
- Make as many print copies of your project as you want bound. CFL will not make print copies. If you need to have copies made, we recommend using UND Duplicating Services (or phone 701.777.5088). They have a variety of paper styles, can accept electronic submissions, and charge reasonable prices. When your print copies are ready, you can either pick them up from Duplicating Services or instruct the office to mail the copies directly to Randy Rasmussen, Chester Fritz Library, Stop 9000. Both on-campus and distance students can use this service.
- To place your binding order, bring your print copies to the Access Services Desk and ask for Randy Rasmussen (his office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays). If you are a distance student or cannot come to the library during binding service hours, contact Randy Rasmussen (or by telephone at 701.777.3316), and he will be able to take your order remotely.
- There are numerous cover and spine-lettering cover options to choose from when placing your order. Samples are available for your perusal at the library or on our website. Some departments (Honors, Occupational Therapy) have a color preference for their bound copies, but you may want a different color combination for your personal copies. There is no difference in price.
- Payment for binding orders is due when you place your order. We can accept either personal check or cash, but unfortunately neither credit nor debit card. Make checks payble to the University of North Dakota, and write your student ID number on the check. If you pay with cash, we still need your ID number.
- When your bound copies return from the bindery (see the binding schedule below for a general return timeline), we offer several distribution options:
- You can pick them up in person at the Access Services Desk on 2nd Floor of the library. We will contact you when your order is ready for pick-up.
- We can mail your copies, at no charge, to an instructor or department on campus.
- Or we can mail your copies to an off-campus address for a postage fee of $5.00 for the first copy plus $1.00 for each additional copy mailed to an address within the United States, or $10.00 for the first copy plus $1.00 for each additional copy mailed to an address outside the United States.
If you have any further questions, please contact Randy Rasmussen by email or telephone (701.777.3316).
Binding Schedule for 2019
|Orders received by||Will return by|
|January 18||late February|
|February 15||late March|
|March 15||late April|
|April 19||late May|
|May 17||late June|
|June 14||late July|
|July 19||late August|
|August 16||late September|
|September 20||late October|
|October 18||late November|
|November 15||late December|
|December 20||late January 2020|