Binding Order Instructions
Please Note: Because of COVID-19 no binding or copying services will be offered until further notice.
If you would like to have your Doctoral Dissertation, Master’s Thesis, Honors Thesis, Independent Study, or other scholarly project bound in hardcover, we are happy to provide that service. The current price for each bound item is $25.00. Our binding orders are sent to an out-of-state bindery that picks up and delivers once a month. Please follow the steps below to place a binding order.
Placing Your Order
- Make as many print copies of your project as you want bound. CFL is unable to make print copies. If you need to have copies made, we recommend using UND Duplicating Services (or phone 701.777.5088). They have a variety of paper styles, can accept electronic submissions, and charge reasonable prices. When your print copies are ready, you can pick them up from Duplicating Services. Both on-campus and distance students can use this service.
- To place your binding order, bring your print copies to the Access Services Desk between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on weekdays.
- There are numerous cover and spine-lettering cover options to choose from when placing your order. Samples are available for your perusal at the library or on our website. Some departments (Honors, Occupational Therapy) have a color preference for their bound copies, but you may want a different color combination for your personal copies. There is no difference in price.
- Payment for binding orders is due when you place your order. We can accept either personal check or cash, but unfortunately neither credit nor debit card. Make checks payable to the University of North Dakota, and write your student ID number on the check. If you pay with cash, we still need your ID number.
- Let us know how you intend to pick up your order or how you want the bound items distributed (see next section for more information). This will help us determine the final cost of your order.
Distribution of Your Order
When your bound copies return from the bindery (see the binding schedule below for a general return timeline), we offer several distribution options:
- You can pick them up in person at the Access Services Desk on 2nd Floor of the library. We will contact you when your order is ready for pick-up.
- We can mail your copies, at no charge, to an instructor or department on campus.
- Or we can mail your copies to an off-campus address for a postage fee of $5.00 for the first copy plus $1.00 for each additional copy mailed to an address within the United States, or $10.00 for the first copy plus $1.00 for each additional copy mailed to an address outside the United States.
Binding Schedule for 2020-suspended due to COVID-19
|Orders received by||Will return by|
|December 20, 2019||late January 2020|
|January 17||late February|
|February 14||late March|
|March 13||late April|
|April 17||late May|
|May 15||late June|
|June 19||late July|
|July 17||late August|
|August 14||late September|
|September 18||late October|
|October 16||late November|
|November 20||late December|
|December 18||late January 2021|