Thank you for your interest in our Reference & Research Services. The Reference staff has many years' experience working with students and faculty helping to find the information you need. Please don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian by coming to the Reference Desk on the main floor of the Library, calling, sending an email, setting up an appointment in Starfish, or using the chat feature.
We provide a variety of ways to assist with your research and/or class instruction:
- Reference: We can help you find what you are looking for in person, by phone or email, or via online conferencing.
- Research: Set up a research appointment through Starfish or by emailing your subject librarian directly.
- Instruction: We work with faculty to tailor instruction to your class needs. If your class has an Essential Studies Information Literacy component, we can help design a class that addresses the rubric. Bring your class to one of our instruction rooms or let us come to your classroom (in-person or online).
- Scholarly Communication: We created a suite of research guides with in-depth information on Open Access, Open Educational Resources, Researcher IDs, Research impact (metrics and altmetrics), Data Management, Author’s Rights, and Publishing Strategies.
- UND Scholarly Commons UND Scholarly Commons is UND’s new institutional repository. It is administered by the Chester Fritz Library and provides a unified institutional home for research conducted at UND
If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments, please contact me directly.
Sally Dockter, Head of Reference & Research Services