Note: From May 20, 2019, to mid-July, some resources will be limited or unavailable:
- Student and public-use computer labs will be unavailable. Students and guests will still be able to access the internet via their own devices as usual, but the library will not have any computer stations or labs open to the public. The lab on the 3rd floor (Learning Space 320) will be used as staff space during this time, and the 2nd floor lab will be inaccessible.
- One uPrint print-release station (with black and white and color printing options) and one scanner are available in the south entrance lobby.
- Because computer labs are unavailable, temporary guest passes for computer use will not be issued during this time.
- Cash sales printing will not be available during this time. If you do not have a UND identification card, you will not be able to print materials.
See our longer blog post for more information.
Touch Screen Scanners
The touch screen scanners on the 2nd floor can scan to email, USB drive, printer, or your Dropbox or Google Drive account. It's fast and handy, so give it a try! Scanners are located on the far left wall across from the reference desk (on the opposite side of the reference desk from the computer stations) after you walk into the main library.
The library also has other scanners:
- ScanPro 3000 microform (microfilm, microfiche, ultrafiche, mico-opaque) scanner (1st floor)
- 1 overhead Book Scanner 9000 (4th floor, Special Collections), available for Special Collections patrons
- 1 microfilm scanner (1st floor, Periodicals)
The computers for these scanners are equipped with:
- Adobe Photoshop CS (for image editing)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional (for making PDFs)
- Microsoft Office 2010