When clicked, this bookmarklet attempts to use the library’s proxy server to view whatever page you are looking at. Not all will work, but it is a handy way of checking whether we have a subscription to a database you've found through a general Internet search.
How to Install
- Enable your browser's bookmarks toolbar (if it isn't already on).
- Chrome: Press Control + Shift + B
- Firefox: Right click the tab bar (not on a tab) and pick "Bookmarks Toolbar":
- Internet Explorer: Click View > Toolbars > Favorites Bar:
- Opera: Click the Opera Button > Toolbars > Bookmarks Bar
- Safari: Press Command + Shift + B (or, on Windows, Control + Shift + B).
- Drag the UND Proxy bookmarklet (above) to your bookmarks bar.
- Clicking the bookmark will let you log into the library’s proxy server and try again to access whichever page you were looking at when you clicked it.
- If you get a "Host Unknown" error after logging in, that usually means that we don't have a license for that content. Under some circumstances it could be a malfunction. Contact the library reference desk for further assistance.