Note: From May 20, 2019, to mid-July, some resources will be limited or unavailable:
- Student and public-use computer labs will be unavailable. Students and guests will still be able to access the internet via their own devices as usual, but the library will not have any computer stations or labs open to the public. The lab on the 3rd floor (Learning Space 320) will be used as staff space during this time, and the 2nd floor lab will be inaccessible.
- One uPrint print-release station (with black and white and color printing options) and one scanner are available in the south entrance lobby.
- Because computer labs are unavailable, temporary guest passes for computer use will not be issued during this time.
- Cash sales printing will not be available during this time. If you do not have a UND identification card, you will not be able to print materials.
See our longer blog post for more information.
Printing With Your Student ID
For instructions and information about printing with your student account, including current printing costs, view the University IT uPrint and web print documentation.
The Library has four print stations located throughout the building:
- North Hallway Entrance kiosk
- 2nd Floor: near the printers by the Access Services desk
- 1st Floor: straight across from the main stairs and beside the glass Government Documents case
- 3rd Floor: in the Learning Space 320 computer lab
Printing With Cash
The library supports printing with cash (black and white only, 6 cents per side). In order to do so,
- Log into a computer.
- Open your document.
- Click File → Print.
- Change the printer to "Cash Sales Printer".
- Make any adjustments (number of copies, page range, etc).
- Click Print.
- Go to the front desk and inform them you have a cash sales print job.
- The worker will release your print job, count the pages, and take your cash.