- Loan Policies
- Interlibrary Loan Policy
- Circulating Proxy Policy
- Room Policy
- Collection Development
- Special Collections
- Branch Libraries
Loan Periods by Patron Type and Material
|Books*||UND Students: Book loans due end of semester
UND Alumni and Emeritus faculty, NDUS and Unaffiliated Borrowers: 30-day checkout
UND Faculty/Staff: Book loans due end of spring semester (May)
Journals, Magazines, DVDs,
|Course Reserves||Determined by instructor|
|Branch Library Materials||Policies may vary by branch: EERC | Geology | Music|
|Interlibrary Loans||Determined by lending library|
* Some materials may be non-circulating.
You are responsible for updating your mailing address in Campus Connection.
Instructions may be found on the Borrowing and Renewing page.
- If items do not renew online, bring the materials to the library to obtain a renewal.
- We will send a courtesy reminder about a week before the due date. Notices will be sent to the email address on your library record. We cannot guarantee notices sent to non-UND email addresses.
- Non-receipt of notices does not release you from your obligation to return library materials by the due dates.
- If you are unable to return material when due, please contact Access Services at 701.777.4644 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A phone call or email does not guarantee a renewal.
- We will send a summary bill by email if materials are not returned.
- Items returned within a one-week grace period of the summary bill may have all fees waived.
- Overdue items returned after the one-week grace period may be charged a $10.00 per item non-refundable overdue processing fee and library privileges are suspended. Your UND Campus Connection account will be charged for the processing fee, plus any lost/damaged fees. Holds on registration, transcripts and financial aid may go into effect until your account is cleared.
- You are responsible for library materials on your record until checked-in by library staff. Damage to items, including those returned in book drops, may be billed.
- If an item is returned within 4 months of billing, the replacement cost portion of the fee may be credited back to your account.
- Lost/replacement fees are not a purchase, and the items remain the property of the State of North Dakota.
Course Reserves and Interlibrary Loans
- Return Reserve items and Interlibrary Loans to a staff member -- not the book drops -- to avoid late fees and to keep materials in good shape.
- Late return/processing fees of $10.00 are not waived.
- Additional replacement costs may apply.
- Items may be recalled to the library after two weeks. Contact the Access Services Desk.
- If an item is recalled, you have 1 week to return it or you may be billed as noted in the Charges section above.
Revised 15 August 2018