The Chester Fritz Library does not have open professional positions at this time.
Student Library Assistant - Graphics Design
- Provide creative assistance with various design tasks to assist Chester Fritz Library with public relations, events, and projects.
- Take photographs and edit using common software. Take photographs of events, building spaces (as they change across time), and other items.
- Provide graphic design services.
- Assist with social media, print, and digital promotions.
- Assist with metadata tagging and input into the UND Scholarly Commons for any photographs, images, audio files, or other projects or events that the Chester Fritz Library wishes to preserve permanently.
- Provide assistance with standard organization and metadata tagging of photographs, images, and files. Library will provide training on software, on metadata standards, and on library-specific organizational principles and standards as needed.
- Some traditional library duties such as staffing public service desks, answering phone inquiries, stack maintenance, shelving library materials, assisting with occasional library events, and assisting patrons in finding library materials may be required.
- Must have knowledge of Photoshop and experience editing photos and images. Knowledge of other common office and image-management packages a strong asset.
- Must be motivated, detail-oriented, display excellent interpersonal skills, be able to meet deadlines, and be able to work both independently and in a team.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must provide samples of previous work or projects.
- Must be able to work daytime hours.
To apply, use the UND Student Employment search form.
- Choose "On-Campus Institutional Jobs- Non Work Study" for the type of search.
- Select "Chester Fritz Library" in the Employers section.
Applicants may be contacted by email for additional materials, such as sample work and other must-have items.
Check available positions using the UND Student Employment search form. Notes:
- Select "Chester Fritz Library" from the "Employers" section of the forms to limit your search to the library.
- You need to run separate searches for Work Study and Institutional jobs. Work study positions require work study funding, but institutional jobs are open to anyone.
Approximately 100 students are employed by the Chester Fritz Library each year. Student responsibilities may include the following (depending upon area assigned):
- shelving books and stack maintenance
- assisting patrons
- assisting in mailings
- making deliveries to other University libraries
- answering telephones
- running errands
- providing computer support
- performing records management to create and update information on the library's system or Excel spreadsheets
- assisting with invoicing
- creating and affixing spine labels and attaching property information and security strips to materials
Applicants must be motivated, pay attention to details, display excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Some positions may require only day-time hours.