Copyright and Fair Use Information
The library will obtain copyright clearance for materials that faculty put on reserve at the Library. Specific questions about legal interpretations should be directed to the UND’s Office of General Counsel at 777-6345. Further resources:
- Copyright Basics (PDF), U.S. Copyright Office
- Reproductions of Copyrighted Works by Educators and Librarians (PDF), U.S. Copyright Office
- Fair Use (PDF), U.S. Copyright Office
- Copyright Crash Course, University of Texas
- "Know Your Copy Rights - What You Can Do" © Association of Research Libraries, 2007.
- "Using Copyrighted Works in Your Teaching - FAQ: Questions Faculty and Teaching Assistants Need to Ask Themselves Frequently" by Peggy Hoon © 2007.
- U.S. Copyright Protection for Different Periods
For more information contact:
Access Services Department
Chester Fritz Library, Room 243